Evangelical Free Church
Whether you are visiting for a few days as a tourist, here on business, studying here or moving to Finland, we want to warmly welcome you to the capital city of Finland. Metropolitan Helsinki is a wonderful place to be and has much to offer the newcomer.
Finding your way around a new city is always an adventure and we at Evangelical Free Church (EFC) would like to make your stay here even more enjoyable and fulfilling. Our multicultural community is located right in the heart of the city centre making our church easily accessible from the whole greater Helsinki area.
You will find us open, relaxed, and ready to serve you.
Do not hesitate to contact us and we promise to extend to you the warmest welcome you can find in Helsinki!
Dr Markus Österlund
Our main weekly gathering is our Sunday Worship service at 1.30pm.
We are evangelical, international, and multicultural.
Our service consists of three basic elements – music, teaching, and prayer. Each of these elements are given equal importance.
On the first Sunday of the month, we celebrate Holy Communion together. Our communion table is open to all those who are followers of Jesus irrespective of church affiliation.
The service lasts for 75 mins and then we continue our fellowship over coffee and refreshments in the church café Nya Vinden.
Occasionally we share a fellowship meal together.
Together with the Andreaskyrkan congregation we support missionaries working in several countries.
The focus of EFC’s global mission is the work of Pauli and Linnea Lindelöf, who have been in a church-planting ministry in Thailand. They began their first term in Thailand in 2016 and work in the Greater Bangkok area. You can find out more about them through their Blog at http://pllindelof.blogspot.fi.
Small group for women
Small group gathering is a wonderful opportunity to have fellowship with other people at EFC. We have a group for women. More information: Riitta Rowland, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bible Study group
Bible Study Group in English on Zoom every second Thursday 6-8 pm starting 7th Feb until 17th April.
To get the Zoom login code please send an e-mail to Richard Brewis, email@example.com.
Workshops på svenska
Hösten 2023 ordnar Andreaskyrkan workshops på svenska i musik, konst och mat. Workshopparna är gratis för alla intresserade. Kom med och praktisera dina svenskakunskaper i roliga aktiviteter. Vi övar och lär oss mera genom att GÖRA TILLSAMMANS (Learning by doing).
Vision and Mission Statements
- EFC is part of the Andreaskyrkan.
- The Evangelical Free Church (EFC) in Helsinki is a gateway to the Church in Finland.
- EFC offers to newcomers a safe Christian environment in which to grow and serve.
- Our community is based on sound Biblical teaching.
- We are English-speaking, openly evangelical, international, and multicultural.
- We seek to be a light in our environment by reaching out to the growing migrant population in Helsinki.
- EFC encourages the spiritual growth of its members through involvement in ministry and small groups.
- EFC activities are focused at our easily accessible church in the centre of Helsinki.
- We celebrate cultural diversity and welcome Christians from various traditions to worship with us.